Issues, also known as bugs, are deviations from the expected, documented, behavior. These issue records can be worked from creation to successful conclusion in this one template, with each issue being linked to the functional requirement that describes what the behavior should be, enhancements and any related issues. It includes custom fields to manage the status, priority and outcomes as well as allowing reports to be generated that show the progress of the work, as well as historical data.
This template could easily be extended with additional templates and workflow into a full SDLC solution. With a few edits, it could also be used for a product backlog, change management records, release planning and to track any other types of issue.
A template to help manage all issue tracking.
- Create User fields for Assigned to (if required)
- Edit the custom fields to reflect your organization and processes.
- Status: Maintain the status values that will help you to manage and filter your work
- Priority: Adjust this list to manage the importance of each issue
- Context: Change the values to reflect the different areas of your product.
- Release: Add past, current and future values. These could be dates, version numbers or names.
- Estimate: Estimate the size of the development task.
- Status note: Add a one line summary of what has just happened, or what needs to happen next.