For highly regulated firms, particularly those that work in multiple jurisdictions, there may be a significant volume of correspondence and communication that needs to be managed.
This is a template to manage the communications to and from a regulator. It includes custom fields to manage the priority, status, due dates and resolutions as well as allowing reports to be generated that show the progress of the work, as well as historical data.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: As every organization is different, please seek professional advice when creating your policies. Your business may face circumstances and issues that are not covered by these samples. These sample policies are offered 'as-is' with no warranty or guarantee.
RequirementONE cannot take any responsibility for the consequences of errors or omissions. Any reliance you place on this specification will be at your own risk. Neither RequirementONE, nor its employees, experts, sponsors or syndication partners are liable for any losses or damages arising from your use of this specification.
A template to help manage all regulatory compliance
- Create User fields for Assigned to, Reviewer and Approver (if required)
- Edit the Table of Contents to reflect the regulators with whom you correspond.
- For each piece of correspondence, ensure that it is registered in the system, with the appropriate data in the custom fields
- Use filters and reports to manage your work.
- Use the notes to manage the updates to the correspondence.
- Once a resolution has been found, use the resolution field to summarize the outcome for future reporting or re-use.