The Planning app is used for basic project management and time recording. It is where you organize your project tasks in a hierarchy.
A project plan contains a list of tasks and milestones. The tasks can have multiple levels of sub tasks. Typically the high level tasks are used to show the different phases of your project and the sub tasks are used to break down the activities and milestones for each phase.
Click image to enlarge
Plans are known by different names such as project plans, work breakdown structures (WBS) or sprints depending on the methodology used in your project. RequirementONE is designed to work with whichever type of plan you want to use.
Create a plan
- From the Plan tab, click + NEW PLAN
- Create a completely new plan or click the Pick from Solution Store tab and select the Basic project plan from the Solution store. Click OK.
- Click the configure wheel next to the plan name.
- Click next to the headings to edit the information. To edit the plan name, edit the details.
- Add new tasks if required. Your new plan is now ready for use.
- For more information, go to About the Planning App
- To continue with the Quick Start Guide, go to Step 3: Define a Specification