The table of contents (TOC) is a hierarchy of sections within your specification that you can assign your records to. This helps organise your work or the finished document you produce from the specifications app.
Click image to enlarge
Define your Table of Contents (TOC)
Spend some time creating and organising your table of contents, to make sure you get maximum value from it.
- Click CONFIGURE next to the specification you want to edit. The specifications settings page displays.
- Click the EDIT next to field names to edit the data.
- Click + NEW SECTION to add new sections to the structure.
Once your structure is there, it is easy to use the filters against your custom fields to drill deeper into your data, and show only the records you are interested in.
Moving a record elsewhere in the TOC
The TOC will evolve over time, and sometimes records are created accidentally in the wrong place. Here is how to move a record elsewhere in the hierarchy.
- Click on the name of the record you want to move.
- In the Details section, click the next to Placement
- In the Edit Placement dialog, select where in the TOC you want to move the record to.
- Click OK.
Now that you have created your table of contents, you can: